WWW.AliExpress.com Review- Legit Shopping Site or Just a Scam?
Who does not like online shopping, right?
With the widespread development of e-commerce, all of us prefer to browse through different websites on our phone or laptop and then place the order while sitting in the comfort of your house. Easy and convenient, online shopping also saves a significant amount of time.
However, when deciding to shop at AliExpress.com there are many things that you should take into consideration. I have been shopping at this shopping site for many years now and over the years one of the shopping sites with staying power has been AliExpress.com.
But there have been underlying problems and issues with them, therefore I am going to uncover whether AliExpress.com a scam or whether it is still a legitimate hopping site.
In this review, we will take a look at everything from AliExpress reviews to answering questions of whether there is any AliExpress scam you need to be aware of.
I am also going to share some insights and experience I have shopped at AliExpress.com over the years to help you decide on whether this shopping site is right for you.
I see that more and more online shopping websites are cropping up every day. The aim is to provide good products at reasonable prices so that common people can make better savings.
AliExpress one such shopping websites which have made quite a name for itself because of the wide variety of products it offers and their affordability. Read my AliExpress review if you want a comprehensive idea of what the site is all about.
What is AliExpress.com All About?
Introduced by the famous Alibaba Group, AliExpress.com is a global wholesale platform. A number of e-commerce experts based in China had frowned upon this initiative taken by Alibaba because they were doubtful about how successful it would be.
Finally, AliExpress was launched in April 2010 and has been winning hearts since then. It has also faced a few controversies, but the overall response from customers has been satisfactory. Wholesale business is not very widely represented in the world of e-commerce, and that is where they break the barriers.
Here’s a Quick Video What’s good on AliExpress.
Alibaba.com is one of the biggest names in the global market of wholesale trade which is why it is not surprising that their offshoot, is so useful. The website is perfect for all those customers who want to place their orders in small quantities while also getting a fast shipment and secure payment features.
At AliExpress, you will get almost anything they need. There are sections like:
- Women’s Clothing
- Men’s Clothing
- Cellphones and Accessories
- Computer, Office, Security
- Consumer Electronics
- Sports and Outdoors
- Health, Beauty, and Hair
- Toys, Kids, and Baby
I think it is great that the site does not stick to any particular niche and tries to be an all-praise shopping website so that everybody finds an area of interest to shop from. The main takeaway from this shopping site is their incredible pricing scheme which renders all objects affordable.
Who is AliExpress.com Made For?
The name, AliExpress can be divided into “Ali” and “Express”. They are to be treated as Alibaba’s express channel for conducting wholesale transactions. While Alibaba.com imposes membership fees on the suppliers, who want to subscribe to their services, AliExpress is free for everyone.
It does not ask for any extra money from its registered members whether they are suppliers or buyers. They keep an eye on the entire transaction process whenever there is a sale.
This wholesale platform wants to attract small or medium-sized suppliers and buyers who do not want to commit to the professionalism of Alibaba yet. The site even accepts orders that just consist of one item and offers express delivery. Even regular people will be able to use the platform in order to score some great deals like I love to do!
What I Like About AliExpress.com
- You will get great value for money: I believe that the competitive prices offered by them are unlike anything you will find anything on the Internet.
- A worldwide delivery system: They do not limit its service to any particular country. You can view their website in five different languages, and they ship to more than 200 countries and regions worldwide.
- Safe payment features: They make sure that you do not lose your money in a transaction. You can use any major method of payment, and avail their escrow service for that extra layer of protection.
- Buyer Protection: They track your order from the moment you purchase till it is delivered, and I can vouch for their efficiency.
- Excellent Customer Service: Their 24*7 customer service facilities will ensure that you have a smooth experience all the time.
- Application feature: Love shopping on the go? Download the AliExpress app from the Play Store and place your orders whenever and wherever you want!
What I Don’t Like About AliExpress.com
- The site is open to fraudsters who want to scam the customers by posing as sellers. When you are trying to purchase a product, you cannot just rely on every seller thinking they have already been verified. You must do your own research and read reviews about them before getting into any transaction with them. I learned it the hard way, but the lesson has improved my shopping experience.
- While the payment process can be made secure with the help of Escrow, I feel that the overall security of the site needs improvement.
What About AliExpress.com Support Service?
The customer service department is available 24*7 on their online forum. I am impressed because they are always helpful and hardly ever impatient.
When you visit their Help section, you will find a large number of questions listed under a variety of sub-menus.
These are the most recurrent problems that users face in broad categories like orders, account information, coupon details, payment, returns, refunds and more. The moment you choose the option which is most relevant for your problem, the solution will open up in an accompanying window.
There is also a self-service section where you will be able to change your email address, report issues, check and track orders and even retrieve your password.
If you are not satisfied even after looking through these sections, you can choose the question and redirect yourself to live chat with an employee.
What is The Cost of Joining AliExpress.com?
The price to join AliEpress.com is free. They can keep its prices low because it is a wholesale market. I find that they also offer discounts and special offers throughout the year so that customers can always find good deals.
Final Opinion: Is AliExpress.com Legit Shopping Site or a Scam?
AliExpress is legit. As a shopping website, is actually very good considering its pricing and the wide range of products. It is also safe as long as you are on your guard. Nobody can force you into a transaction.
If you are careful and unswayed by the allure of deals that are too good to be true, you will be able to avoid fraudulent sellers just like I do.
If you can regulate and organize your purchases from the site, you will yourself saving a lot of money. When you factor that in with the fact that they also offer super fast delivery and a protected payment system, you have got a win-win situation on your hands.
Visit AliExpress today for great prices and products because frankly, I believe it is one of the best options out there.