Is doTerra A Pyramid Scheme Or Your Ticket To Financial Freedom?
Owner: David Stirling
Overall Rating: 6 Out of 10
Verdict: legit, but not for everyone.
You may have seen tons of “Be your own boss” or “Make millions of dollars working only one hour a day” Ads or other promises from the so-called gurus on the internet.
Nothing can be further from the truth like earning a million dollars working from home within one month, they are all pure scams.
doTerra involves “Selling their product from your home and be financially free!” services, the mouth-watering offer from doTerra promises thousands within a few time by encouraging their members to get new members.
Some people say the company is involved in selling high-quality products while others said they are a pure multi-level marketing company selling overpriced products, and a lot of people doubt if they are operating a pyramid form of business.
In the following review, we’ll be showing you everything you can expect if you decide to join them as well as whether we would recommend this to you or not.
What Is doTERRA All About?
doTerra is a multi-level marketing company that was established in 2008 by David Stirling ( former executive of Young Living) out of Pleasant Grove, Utah. This company has grown since then and hasn’t stopped.
In 2015, the company reaches more than 1 billion in the sale and in 2016, they shipped products to nearly 100 countries and has corporate offices in 17 countries.
The company conducts business all over the world in a hundred countries and territories and has been around more than a decade now. They sell products that range from essential oils to personal care and weight management so you can see that they have a lot to offer.
They produce a lot of essential oil that is purely organic and pesticide free and then market them via MLM system.
doTerra Essentials Oil Company’s Products
The doTerra essential oil company today not only offers essential oils and proprietary blends, but also nutritional, spa, and healthy living products.
Their essential oils collection to-date includes 55 single oils and 45 blends for targeted wellness application.
Most oils come in a standard variety of either a 5ml or a 15ml bottle, some products are already pre-packed in a roll in bottle/ stick for easy application to the skin or pressure points.
Most people are familiar with the products of doTerra because they really do have a lot of products and that is the way to get people to become their distributors.
Here are some of the products that you can expect with doTerra:
- Single oils- 55 products
- Proprietary Blends- 45 products
- doTerra On Guard Product – 13 products
- doTerra Breathe Product- 4 Products
- Deep Blue Product- 7 products
- Digestzen Products- 9 Products
Along with these big name products, there are so many other products you can purchase through doTerra. From personal care products to accessories related to essential oils, you can find it with these guys. They have healthy products which are pretty unique and makes them stand out from the competition.
doTerra Business & Compensation Plan
Just like any other multilevel marketing company out there, doTerra comes with a comp plan. You can make money as their distributor through points accrues when selling their products. With that being said, you will need to sign more people up to make more money.
If you make a sale, you will get paid. When your recruit distributors to join your downline, you will get paid and everytime your downline makes a sale, you earn a commission.
doTerra offers several ways to make money with them.
Below is a screenshot of their compensation plan.
What I like About doTerra
- The offer quality products- A good multi-level marketing company is about selling a high-quality product that people love and use.
- They are the largest essential oil company in the world and have more than 3 million members in the US alone.
- Low cost to join. You need just only $35 for start-up cost and the requirement for earning qualify commission is only a $100 a month order.
- They don’t offer free cars or promises of making easy money because they use level of the compensation plan.
- They provide a great option for part-time distributors.
- The retention rate is more than 70% while other companies average 10%- 20%.
What I Don’t Like About doTerra
- Their business require a great amount of time and hard work to make a decent income because the market is quite tough.
- When you compare the price of their essential oil to other well-known brands you will see the range doTERRA essential oil price is about 5 times the other reputable brand’s prices.
- You are making money off your friends, that ain’t cool. The most common and sometimes the only way to make money with them is from recruiting others into the scheme. I have been involved in MLM’s. I sold my aunts and uncles, my cousins, tried to sell my friends, and of course, my parents bought my pricey products because I thought I was an entrepreneur.
- In 2014, an average annual income by the company distributors is only $1577 with 85% of distributors either losing money or making no money.
- You are not building a real business with them. You don’t own the business. You don’t own the website. you don’t own anything other than products that you are usually required to buy from the company for way more than it is actually worth.
There’s No Comparison To My #1 Recommendation For Making Money From Home.
Who Exactly Is doTerra For?
This is for anyone that is interested in working from home and can do well with direct marketing.
Although this company is driven by its recruiting system, the products make up for a lot of selling to the company.
If you think you’re the next best recruiter, this might be for you. If you think you can get people to join you in their next business venture, this might be for you.
You alone can decide, and I trust you to make the right choice from this review.
Here’s What I really Think
In my opinion this company is not a scam because they are actually offering you a product that will be of value to you.
The thing that makes this company very effective is the fact that they have products to back up the multi-level marketing business model.
doTerra is a legit work from home business and will not make you rich overnight. If you do put in some work and effort then you may see results with doTerra. Ok, may be not some, but a lot.
Being that doTerra is not a scam also means that it is not a pyramid scheme. Companies get shut down for doing business as a pyramid scheme and guess what? doTerra is still around!
However, it is not an easy business because most multi-level marketing companies report less than 1% of all distributors earn money. The remaining 99% either end up break even and much more often, end up losing money on purchases for more products than they can sell.
We hope you enjoyed our review on doTerra and please feel free to let me know what you think. If you still don’t like the doTerra MLM business, that fine too. I hope you find a business that best suits you so that you too can be your own boss and don’t forget to check out My #1 Work From Home Business.
Thanks for reading.