Apps today are becoming more and more creative in their ways of pursuing users to download their products. Today, we’re going to take a look into an app that claims to help its users earn just by downloading apps. The name of the app is AppBounty.
I must say that it is an intriguing premise. You are already downloading and installing apps on a regular basis so why not make money out of it? It’s pretty easy, too. All you have to do is download apps and you will get paid. But it does sound a bit too good to be true, yes? That’s exactly the reason why we’re going to check every bit of this program. We’re going to find any holes, if there’s any, to see if this app is worth your time or not.
But before we begin, maybe you are looking for a more consistent money-making opportunity than this one. If you are, then you should check my #1 recommendation instead. AppBounty is more like an app that helps you earn money on the side. My recommendation has the potential to actually replace your full-time job. Take from that as you will.
Anyway, let’s proceed with the full review.
What Is AppBounty?
AppBounty is a mobile app that gives its users rewards whenever they download an app that is listed on the AppBounty website. You should also use the app, at least for how long AppBounty tells you to. You can also get rewards by completing small tasks like answering a poll or referring a friend to sign up.
For each successful download, you will earn a small reward that you can use to get gift cards. The most popular gift cards are for Amazon, iTunes, and Google Play. You can also opt for Xbox Live and PSN points if you are a gamer.
AppBounty is available on both the App Store and Google Play Store.
Who Should Use AppBounty?
There are basically two types of people who can make good use of this app. Those who are looking to earn pocket money or app developers that are looking to promote their apps using this program. Since you are here on my website, it’s pretty safe to assume that you belong in the former group – you just want to earn money. If I’m being honest here, there really isn’t much to talk about since your earning potential here is pretty small. It’s still pocket money though, which is always a good thing.
If you are an app developer, you may find a better use for this program. You can get exposure for your program but it comes at a cost. Now, I can’t really say how much money you will end up spending when you promote on this app, but it doesn’t look like much. I must say this though – if you are looking to increase the download rate for your app, getting on this app is a good idea. However, if you are looking to actually get people to use your program, this app won’t do much, really. The reason for that is most users would just download your app and dump it as soon as they collect their rewards. There are rare cases in which they fall in love with the app but that’s very few and far in between. And if people are going to fall in love with the app with just a minute of use, you would not need this kind of marketing in the first place.
How Can You Earn Using AppBounty?
The bread and butter of this app is their download app feature. You just need to download the specific app that is featured on the app and you will get your reward.
The really is all you have to do if you want to earn using this app.
They do offer other opportunities for earning. They have a referral program in which you will get a reward every time you refer someone to their program. Each time you successfully recruit someone into the program, a credit will be rewarded to your account. You will be awarded 250 points for every successful referral. The one you refer would get their very own reward worth 50 points.
The exchange rate is 500 points = $1. If you convert, that would amount to $0.50 for every successful referral. Now, I know what you are thinking. You are probably thinking that the amount is peanuts, and you’re not wrong. The amount if actually very small, and that’s by design. Remember that these are micro-sites that basically offer you free money for just trying out an app. It would take no more than a minute of your time which you would be compensated accordingly.
Honest Thoughts About AppBounty
What I Like
- Becoming a member is fairly easy. If you have a smartphone and a working email address, you can just install the app and use your old details on your registration.
- The instructions for each gig are basically the same throughout. All you need to do is download an app and use it once. It’s up to you to decide whether you should delete it or not.
- They offer other methods of earning to their users. You can take advantage of their referral program if that’s your thing. You can also do some microtask like watching a video or something. In short, you’re not limited to just downloading and installing apps on your phone.
What I don’t like
- There are times where the number of activities you can do dry up. When this happens, the only thing that you can do is wait.
- The income potential is very low but I already told you that time and time again. I just put it again here because you might think I left it out on purpose.
- No cash option. You can only earn gift checks which are very limiting. The points do have $ value but they are in gift check denomination if that makes sense.
- The most popular gift cards get sold out pretty fast. This means that there’s a possibility that you will get stuck with your points with no way of withdrawing, which is the case for the majority of users. Perhaps this is by design to get free labor from their users? If that’s the case, then this company is pretty sinister.
The Conclusion – Is AppBounty Worth Your Time?
AppBounty is not a unique program, not by a long shot. There are literally thousands of websites just like it. If you spend just a minute browsing here in the review section of this site, you will find many similar GPT websites that I’ve already reviewed in the past. My last review was for a GPT company called LifePoints.
When you compare it to the most popular GPT (get paid to) websites or apps on the market, it actually ranks near the bottom, which is not a good sign. It’s not the baddest of the bad but it still is pretty bad. It’s borderline waste of time, is what I’m trying to say here.
Needless to say, if you find yourself just looking on your phone, bored out of your mind, then maybe you should give this app a shot. Maybe you can turn that boredom into some Amazon gift check. That’s big MAYBE.